Servicing in Brislington, Bristol
To keep your vehicle in the best possible condition it should typically be serviced every year. However, there are some age and mileage milestones you need to be aware of. For example, the distance you can cover between oil changes. These will be shown in the cars manual, along with the tasks needing to be completed.
Caring for your car saves money
Getting your car serviced each year – and maintaining it between services – is money well spent. Problems are likely to be caught early on when they’re cheaper to fix, and your car will have a better resale value and longer life. A well-maintained car is also more efficient, so you’ll save money on fuel as well. If you need to claim on a warranty you’ll normally have to show your car’s got a complete service record.
PLUS PARTS AND VAT
PLUS PARTS AND VAT
So what is included in a service? Good question! This depends on whether its a major service or a interim service due, along with the make and model of your vehicle. Here’s an overview of what happens on an average service, but please bear in mind, all engines are different, for full details, check your handbook or call us.
Included in our Interim Service are the following:
• Check operation of light switches
• Check operation of horn
• Check windscreen wipers
• Check windscreen for chips & cracks
• Check all exterior lights condition
• Check exterior mirrors
• Check rear wiper
• Check spare tyre
• Check windscreen washers
• Check safety belts
• Check drive/shafts/gaitors/couplings
• Check condition of exhaust system
• Check underside of car
• Check condition of brake fluid lines
• Check shocks/springs/mountings
• Check steering rack and linkages
• Check tyre condition
• Check tyre pressure
• Check wheel bearings
• Visual Check brake pads/discs/shoes/etc
• Check for fuel leaks
• Check for power steering leaks
• Check for oil leaks
• Check for coolant leaks
• Check anti-freeze level and strength
• Drain engine oil and replace filter
• Fill with engine oil
• Top up windscreen reservoir with additive
• Check brake fluid level
• Check drive belts (sometimes known as Fan belt or Auxiliary belt)
• Check power steering fluid level
• Check handbrake adjustment
In addition to everything we do on an interim service, a full service also has the following carried out
• Check brake fluid water content
• Replace spark plugs if necessary
• Drain and replace engine oil
• Adjust brakes where necessary
• Replace Oil filter
• Replace or Advise on Fuel Filter depending on Make, Model and Mileage
• Replace Air Filter
• Remove all road wheels and internally inspect brakes
• Adjust handbrake
• Check Timing belt and advise (Date, Millage, Make, Model and Engine type dependant)
• Check Fan
All makes and models of vehicle require different things to be done at different points of their life, here’s a few idea’s of what may be required. Check your vehicle handbook and service record for precise details for your specific make, model and engine.
• Timing belt (Cam belt / Timing chain) (36’000 – 90’000 or every 2-5 years)
• Pollen Filter (10’000 – 20’000 miles)
• Coolant replacement (30’000-80’000 miles or 4 years)
• Brake Fluid replacement (30’000-80’000 miles or 4 years)
• Gearbox Oil (30’000-80’000 miles or 4 years)
• Air conditioning pressure test and top up
Excellent motor services. Never patronising and you always feel like they’ve been honest and done you the best deal on fixing your car. Trust them implicitly.
Used for the first time, highly recommend, good price and workmanship. Definitely be back again.
Sorted my daughters car with great work and professionalism. Explained problems well and gave great confidence that they were genuine in their diagnosis and the repairs required. Very pleased she has a local garage we can trust.
I do not usually write reviews, but this is the best garage in Bristol that provides an excellent service. All staff have a good knowledge of the industry, and they are friendly! I would highly recommend to all.